Monday, March 1, 2010

Granny Granny


My very first granny square!  It's blobby and lopsided , but I'd definitely say that it somewhat resembled a granny square!!  (You can tell...can't you??)  I didn't learn how to end it when I was done so I have to leave the hook in place for now.  Baby steps ... baby steps. 

I had three unsatisfying lessons and I've watched a ton of youtube videos so I'm at the point that if I could sit with an actual crocheting person and do a few I'd have it!  Anybody want to come over?



On an unrelated note:  I read a news article today that the inventor of the Easy Bake Oven died today.  Brought back a lot of wonderful memories of my childhood and my absolute favorite "toy."  I hate to say toy because I was really baking man!!

So ... here's to you Ronald Howes Sr.  Thanks for making some great memories and some delicious cakes baked with a light bulb.

6 comments:

  1. Awesome job! It totally looks like a well made granny square. if you want to fasten it off just cut your thread several inches down and then pull through loop till the thread comes all the way through like a knot. You then leave this piece to weave in later after you join it, or weave it in know if you are just making samples. Hope this helps!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You go girl! Your granny square looks terrific - you taught yourself well.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I had a little trip down memory lane tonight reading about the Easy Bake Oven. I had the Holly Hobbie Oven when I was a kid and I too, have fond memories of that toy. I loved the little baking pans and tools that came with the oven. When I ran out of the "baking mixes", my mom would share her pie dough with me just so I could bake something in my oven. Turns out your Easy Bake Oven ended up kicking my Holly Hobbie Oven's butt in sales. They had only a short go of it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good job!I am so proud of you.
    I loved that Easy bake oven. I think the first one i had was your old one. I used to melt cheese on crackers in it. I bought one for CG when she was little and it was an ugly, pink microwave. It was very disappointing.

    ReplyDelete
  5. To finish, just cut a long tail and then thread it through the last loop and pull it tight. You weave in the end, just like knitting.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Awwww I loved my easy bake oven! It made us the Betty Crockers we are today! :o)

    ReplyDelete

I L.O.V.E. comments! Due to a recent spam attack I've changed my settings to exclude anonymous commenters. I hope this doesn't affect any real people out there, but if so please feel free to email me.

Thanks for taking the time to share your thoughts with me :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...