Saturday, March 20, 2010

Friday Night Sew In!

 Last night was my monthly sew in party with the girls!  I definitely needed a dedicated night to my sewing because with all the nice weather here and the longer days there has been waaaay too much outside time and not enough sewing time!  My assistant has been badgering me to go out and explore all our old walking haunts so she can catch up on a whole winterful of smells and sticks.


I've been working on the quilt square for my Hope Valley pinwheel quilt, as I call it, and last night I picked apart the last of the wonky points and resewed and then trimmed up all my squares.   I've got them laid out on the floor and am rearranging them.  It reminds me of one of those handheld children's puzzles where you slid one piece down, then another one over, then move one back, etc.  I decided to use a pink and orange blade in each block with solid kona charcoal.   That seemed like a good idea at the time but trying to lay it out so it looks random is a lot of work!  Way too many points to check on now.  Live and learn ....


Also, last night I got to see our local middle school's production of Seussical.  All I can say is A.M.A.Z.I.N.G.  I just can't believe how the theater department at that school can put together such a huge undertaking with tweenagers and have it come off like a Broadway production.   My niece was in like 100 major dance scenes and never missed a beat.



 She insisted I add this picture so you can see what she's been up to this week.

3 comments:

  1. Ha! Your pups picture reminds me of the quote. "Talk softly and carry a big stick"!

    Great job on the pinwheels. I think it looks wonderful, points and all! As for your niece's play, I just went last night to see my daughter in her high school's production of "Wizard of Oz"... I agree, these kids are amazing. Kudo's to the teachers and volunteers that spend so much time directing, choreographing and helping!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the charcoal with the Hope Valley fabrics, it's going to be a great quilt

    ReplyDelete
  3. I watched it 3xs and I could have watched it 10 more! I have been singing Amazing Mayzie all weekend!
    That quilt looks gorgeous!!!!

    ReplyDelete

I L.O.V.E. comments! Due to a recent spam attack I've changed my settings to exclude anonymous commenters. I hope this doesn't affect any real people out there, but if so please feel free to email me.

Thanks for taking the time to share your thoughts with me :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...