Monday, April 5, 2010

Hope Valley Pinwheels

My Hope Valley Pinwheel quilt is complete!  I'm very happy with it and my sewing slowly and carefully experiment seemed to be successful.  As hard as it is for me to admit ... I guess taking your time is the key to a good quilt turnout.  Bummer! 


On Sunday the ORBC group is starting our next quilt-a-long.  We're making a hexagon quilt and I just bought my very first jelly roll and layer cake.  I loved this Frolic fabric and can't wait to find out how we are using it.

This fabric makes me happy!  

Best friends ....  
On a personal note:  Easter turned out to be a sad day for us.  We had to take my boyfriend's dog to the emergency clinic and have him put to sleep in the morning.  It was very sudden and unexpected and very, very sad for all of us .... including the assistant.  Her nubby tail hasn't wagged once since we came back without him.  He had a great life and lots of love in his twelve years but we sure wish he could have stayed with us a while longer.  He left a big old hole in our hearts.

8 comments:

  1. The quilt is excellent!! See you worried for nothing? :-)

    Sorry to hear about Chipper.. It is really sad, I know how attached you get to your dogs... but it probably is better for Chipper to rest in peace rather than live out his old day in pain.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm really sorry that you're having to go through the pain of losing a beloved dog. I know the loss can be quite profound. Said a little prayer for all of you just now.

    Your quilt is really very beautiful! The comment about it being a "bummer" that it takes time to make a good quilt made me laugh. I admire quilters for their patience as much as the final lovely outcome.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Molly,

    I too am very sorry for your loss and completely understand your pain. It "sucks" to lose a buddy. Can I say that? Please pardon the language. When I worked at the veterinary hospital, it was the absolute worst part of my job. People losing their pets, buddies. That particular hardship never lessened for me. My heart goes out to all of you.

    On a brighter note, your quilt is awesome. Nicely done and so timely too. And you're ready to go on to the next one. Way to go. Love the Frolic fabric, can't wait to see your finished work.

    ReplyDelete
  4. So sorry to hear of your loss - dogs are wonderful - hugs to you!! Hope wrapping you and your honey up in your quilt helps. It sure is a beauty.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the colours in that quilt! Great job!
    I'm so sorry to hear about your dog... :(

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is such a great quilt! It looks wonderful with the dark solid! And I am terribly sorry to hear about the pup. It's always difficult to lose a family member..

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank you for your comment on my blog - I scrolled down a bit and stopped when I saw this absolute beauty of a quilt - I love the black or charcoal you used - it is fab. And the back is almost as pretty as the front. Whoever wins the ugly quilt contest, it's been a real hoot entering.

    ReplyDelete

I L.O.V.E. comments! Due to a recent spam attack I've changed my settings to exclude anonymous commenters. I hope this doesn't affect any real people out there, but if so please feel free to email me.

Thanks for taking the time to share your thoughts with me :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...