Saturday, February 20, 2010

Raw Edge Circle Quilt

Raw Edge Circle Quilt

Well, this was the culmination of my Friday Night Sew-In last night!  My faithful assistant and I finished up the  circle quilt I'm making for my niece from the cluck cluck sew tutorial.  I'm a little disappointed at how the raw edges on the circles turned out.  Two of the fabrics frayed (disintegrated!) more than others making the circles quite uneven.  I guess that's part of the charm of it but it just wasn't what I envisioned.  Still ... it's pretty cool ....

 
 
I love this picture of Jada dutifully sitting in front of it when we were "styling" it for it's big shoot 

 

6 comments:

  1. Lovely quilt! I like the shot in the snow too, it looks even lovelier against that background!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is simply gorgeous! The raw edges give it a vintage look I think! I love it! And it is placed in such a lovely setting.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The colours in the circles look fantastic against the dark background. Round is good.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love it! I have been wanting to make one of these quilts but just haven't gotten to it. You've inspired me to put it back on my 'must-do' list.

    ReplyDelete
  5. its VERY cute! i LOVE the colors.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I think this looks great! I have to get back to working on mine soon :]

    ReplyDelete

I L.O.V.E. comments! Due to a recent spam attack I've changed my settings to exclude anonymous commenters. I hope this doesn't affect any real people out there, but if so please feel free to email me.

Thanks for taking the time to share your thoughts with me :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...