Friday, March 14, 2014

Woodland Animals Baby Quilt

My cousin is having her fist baby next month and she and her husband aren't finding out the baby's gender. How fun is that nowadays!?  One of nature's most wonderful surprises :).  Her shower was last Sunday and I was so excited to give her a quilt that was practically still warm from the dryer. 

37" x 52"   ~~  Hands and feet are an illusion.

The colors for their nursery are brown, tan and cream with the theme of woodland animals.  Awwww ... can you say "cute??"  I found the woodland animal print at Joann Fabrics and that led to a simple patchwork quilt filled with the beautiful colors and some framed blocks with fussy cut woodland animals. 



Baby quilts are so fun and enjoyable to sew.  Small enough to layout and quilt easy enough, yet can be large enough to show off a pattern.

Quilting lines in place

Hand quilted with perle cotton #12.


I posted most of the progress pictures on my instagram feed if you would care to follow the (mis)adventures of me and my Rottweiler in our quilting journey.  She's still my assistant but she has slowed down recently.  Most of her help comes from the sidelines now as she is loath to get off of her orthopedic bed.  I've really gotten into the habit of only posting my finished quilts on this blog.  I feel like over the years I've pretty much touched on every topic I can in a quilting blog so I was starting repeats.  Also, it's such a hassle to drag out my real camera to take pretty pictures and then hook it up to the real computer, download, etc. etc.  My iPhone does take nice pictures but for some reason they always looked washed out and grainy on here.  Why???

I think you should move the polka dot print over one space


The big reveal!  It  was a hit :)

4 comments:

  1. Yeah...I love doing baby quilts too...so much easier to do that hand quilting and we get to play with fun prints!!:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this! Adorable design and nice soft colors. Love Love :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can't believe that you hand quilted, how good are you! I've never tried hand quilting, it sounds very time consuming, at a point where I usually want to be finished and start something else. You are brave!
    I have the same issues with photo's taken on my phone, I always use my camera for the blog - I think it is to do with the number of megapixels that make up the image. They're still good pictures on your posts though, I wouldn't stress too much. When is the lucky baby due?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love your baby quilt - the fussy cutting and hand quilting. So so cute.

    Thanks for stopping by and leaving a comment on my blog. Glad to have found yours!

    Have a great day! Krista@sewwhatscooking.com

    ReplyDelete

I L.O.V.E. comments! Due to a recent spam attack I've changed my settings to exclude anonymous commenters. I hope this doesn't affect any real people out there, but if so please feel free to email me.

Thanks for taking the time to share your thoughts with me :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...