|The Assistant needs a lot of attention.|
This weekend I was so pleased to find out I was tagged for the Stylish Blog Award by one of my favorite bloggers, Carolyn, of Fake it While you Make It, a blog that not only full of awesome quilts but lots of interesting takes on crafting and life in general. The rules of the award are that you share seven things about yourself and this works out perfect for me since I don't have one single "post worthy" topic going on right now. Sooo, without further ado .... seven quilty things about me:
1. I'm hand quilting for the first time and learning as I go. I'm now wondering if I should have bound it first. Also I found I don't like a hoop, it goes much easier just pin basted and on my lap.
2. I love to bookmark things of interest I find on the internet. Quilts I admire, tutorials I want to use in the future, cool haircuts, interesting paint jobs, etc. But later I have a hard time going through my folders to find what I want. I just found a new site I love pinterest where you can pin these links to bulletin boards you create. Perfect! Not only it is easy to find what you are looking for, you can open your boards on any computer you are using PLUS you can see what other people are pinning. At this time the site is in a beta stage so you need an invite to start a board so please let me know if you want one. I promise you'll love it!
3. I'm attracted to plain quilts with lots of solids and rich, earthy colors. But I found that over the summer I bought lots of fabrics of pinks and peaches. Now I have a stash that does not match my personality or my tastes ... yet I almost bought some pink fabric today. Haven't figured out why I do that yet.
4. I have major gift regret when I think of the quilts I've already given to people. As I learn and my skills increase I cringe when I think of the quilts I was so proud of and gave away. Now I want to take them all back and replace them with better ones.
5. I've realized I don't like pre-cut packs like layer cakes and jelly rolls. I'd rather pick and choose the fabric and cut it myself. Plus they're expensive!
6. I hate putting the walking foot on my machine and I hate taking it off. I pretty much hate everything about the walking foot.
7. The next quilt I make is going to be just for me. I'm excited to start, but I'm paralyzed with indecision because there are so many designs I've been wanting to try. I think I'll just have to sit down this week and start cutting and sewing and see what emerges.
In the spirit of the award I'd like to tag some of my most recently subscribed to quilting blogs.